- Bestlaw: Adds tools to Westlaw and Lexis. 30,000 users. 12 million legal documents enhanced.
- Perma: Archives URLs in legal documents. Used in law reviews and courts at all levels. Acquired by the Harvard library in 2013.
- Fluffblocker: Replaces “trending” stories on Facebook with real news.
- Quantius: Crowdsourced image analysis. In beta in scientific labs at Berkeley, Stanford, UCSF, and Penn.
- LaTeX for Lawyers: Machine-readable legal documents.
- django-docker: Popular framework for running Django apps on Docker.
See more projects on my GitHub profile.
J.D., University of California, Berkeley, School of Law (Boalt Hall), 2015
B.A., English, Reed College, 2010
- Faculty’s commendation for academic excellence
- Junior qualification exam commendation
- Study abroad, L’Université de Paris IV (Sorbonne), Paris, 2007
- Leader, Reed Outing Club
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, 2016–present
Judicial Law Clerk
Winston & Strawn LLP, 2014–16
Associate Attorney (2015–16), Summer Associate (2014)
Electronic Frontier Foundation, 2014
Center for Democracy & Technology, 2013
Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society, Harvard, 2009–12
Research Associate (2010–12), Intern (2009)
Rootstrikers and Represent.Us, 2010–12
Pickens Plan, 2008
Copper Canyon Press, 2006
I like to cycle, ski, cook, play the piano, write code, take photos, and explore the Bay Area.